|Department: Marketing||Manager: Director of Marketing|
|Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, eligible for remote work, based out of Mequon||Pay Range: TBD|
Summary of Position
The Senior Product Manager will oversee the management and lifecycle of our diverse product portfolio (e.g., Vigilant Battery Monitoring, Portable Testing Equipment). The Senior Product Manager will play a crucial role as a bridge across various departments, ensuring our products not only meet market demands, but also align with our business goals.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position requires an individual who is adept at balancing technical expertise with business acumen, capable of guiding the development, marketing, and sales strategies while driving product growth and strategic direction.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Leadership and Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship across the Product Management team, especially in handling our core product lines. Lead the technical product specialists and another Product Manager, fostering strong product and project management skills.
- Strategy Development: Formulate and communicate a cohesive product vision and strategy that aligns with the company’s objectives. Develop and manage the product roadmap, prioritizing features based on customer feedback and business value.
- Market and Customer Insights: Perform in-depth market research to understand customer needs, industry trends, and the competitive landscape. Use insights to make informed decisions and maintain our competitive position in the market.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and other teams to ensure effective development, launch, and sale of products. This includes vetting suppliers and collaborating with teams on requirements definition and development oversight.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Oversee the entire lifecycle of products from concept to obsolescence, including product testing, quality assurance, and performance analysis. Continually adapt the product strategy based on market trends and customer feedback.
- Maintain Technical Documentation: Insure accuracy of product data sheets with an organized filing system for up-to-date technical documentation including manuals, specification sheets, cut sheets and web content to insure accuracy and completeness
- Marketing and Sales Integration: Develop and execute marketing and sales strategies to maximize revenue and profitability. Manage product launches, ensure the creation of effective sales tools and collateral, and provide product training and support.
- Financial Management: Handle budgeting, cost estimation, profitability forecasting, and resource allocation for the product line. Plans and directs safety and industrial hygiene services of insurance carriers to obtain optimum service.
- Performs other duties as assign.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field; advanced degree like an MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Product Manager in a technical or related field, with a preference for those experienced in the utility industry.
- Deep knowledge of product lifecycle, Agile and Scrum methodologies, and market research techniques.
- Ability to travel, approximately 15%, including participation in trade shows and customer visits.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to lead without direct authority.
- Technical background in electrical engineering or similar, with familiarity in product management tools and techniques.
- Proficient in MS Office products- Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Eagle Eye Power Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.