Since the only way to truly determine battery performance is to conduct a load test, we have put together this simple 7-Step Guide to Connecting our SLB Series Constant Current DC Battery Load Tester to a Battery Bank:
1. Connect the load bank to AC power and turn the unit ‘on.’
Make sure breakers are in the ‘off’ position.
2. Connect the load cables from the load bank to the battery system
beginning with the black cable and then the red. Twist tightly until secure.
3. Connect the black clamp to the most negative terminal on the battery system and connect the red clamp to the most positive terminal.
Make sure both clamps are secured tightly, connecting to the load bank first and then the battery terminals.
4. Connect the test voltage leads to the load bank
and connect your negative and positive clamps to the main terminals of the battery bank system.
5. Flip the breakers into the ‘on’ position.
6. Program your test parameters.
7. Begin your discharge test.
Whether load testing for capacity, performance, acceptance, NERC compliance, or another reason, this type of load bank is designed for ease of use, portability, and versatility. It offers a programmable, constant current load for a wide variety of testing needs while increasing safety with remote per-cell monitoring and standard built-in auto-shutdown features.
For more information on battery load bank testing, feel free to watch how to load test a battery, read about Eagle Eye’s Constant Current DC Load Banks or consider taking a course at Eagle Eye University.