HGD-2000is Intrinsically-Safe H2 Hydrogen Detector
The HGD-2000is H2 Hydrogen Gas Detector allows the user to monitor hydrogen gas buildup in storage rooms and facilities that house batteries. The HGD-2000is is easy-to-use and easy-to-install. The detector has color-coded wires for connection to single-phase AC power source and two internal alarm relays. The relays can be used to switch a remote exhaust fan and/or alarm on and off. If the concentration of hydrogen gas in the air surrounding the sensor reaches 1% by volume, the yellow LED will light and the 1% internal relay will close. A four second delay prevents false activation. If the concentration reaches 2%, the red LED will flash, and the 2% internal relay will close.
This HGD-2000is model is designed to be intrinsically safe and meets the requirements for either Class I Division I or Class I Division II areas. The NFPA also has a new system that uses Zones in Chapter 505. This detector also meets the requirements for Zone 0 AEx ma ia IIC T6.
- Automatic operation and continuous 24/7 monitoring
- LED status display
- Reliable, highly sensitive, highly stable
- Intrinsically safe operation
- Pre-calibrated sensor
- Simple installation
- Long operating life
- Protects against Hydrogen explosions
- Inexpensive protection for your property and employees
- Decreases electricity costs as a result of controlled exhaust fan operation
- Insurance premium reduction may be realized
- Reduces air conditioning and heating costs as a result of controlled fan operation
Visit Eagle Eye University for information on our battery training courses.