The Vigilant is a next generation battery monitoring system designed to continuously measure, record, and trend key parameters of critical backup battery systems. Automated measurements stored daily can reduce the need for site visits and manual testing of battery systems.
Vigilant systems include advanced sensors that measure voltage, resistance, interconnection resistance, and temperature of each cell without any adverse effects to the battery. Optional electrolyte level sensors can be added to identify low electrolyte level on a per-cell basis.
The components of the Vigilant system are widely compatible with most flooded (VLA), sealed (VRLA), and nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cad) battery types.
- One-click reporting: Quickly create reports with a single click from the web-interface.
- Built in web-interface: Data is recorded and stored on the Vigilant monitor, eliminating the need for a 24/7 network connection.
- Unobtrusive: System does not affect battery performance in any way.
- Battery alarming: Alarm against user-defined battery thresholds, available via Modbus and dry contacts.
- Watchdog alarming: Dedicate watchdog circuit will restart the CPU upon hangup with a secondary circuit for alarming.
- Fleet management software: Aggregate a fleet of systems in a single interface with a bird’s eye view of systems in alarm.
- Float voltage
- Float, charge, & discharge current
- Cell/unit voltage
- Cell/unit resistance (mΩ)
- Interconnection resistance (μΩ)
- Cell/unit temperature
- Electrolyte level
- Ground fault status
- Ripple voltage