Hydrogen Gas Detection
The HGD-3000AC Hydrogen Gas and Smoke Detector is designed for unattended battery installations or remote shelters containing gassing lead acid batteries and charging systems. The HGD-3000AC will turn on an exhaust fan when hydrogen gas levels reach 1% and will alarm at 2%. This alarm consists of a local 80db horn, a flashing red LED, and a dry contact switch closure for remote alarming.
The photoelectric smoke sensor detects minute combustion products from smoldering wire insulation, battery cases, and other material. When smoke is detected, a distinctive alarm is emitted from the 80db horn and a separate dry contact switch is activated. At this time, the exhaust fan is inhibited in order to deny the fire increased oxygen from outside air.
Temperature & Loss of Power
During normal operation and in the absence of an alarm condition, an internal thermostat will turn on the exhaust fan at a preset temperature to reduce heat build-up in the room. Loss of power to the unit will also generate a dry contact alarm.
- Automatic Operation and Continuous 24/7 Monitoring
- Highly sensitive and stable solid state hydrogen sensor
- Sensitive photoelectric smoke detector module
- Internal thermostat for automatic exhaust fan control at 40°C (104°F) with ±5° adjustable range
- Save insurance costs – reduce insurance premiums when placed in battery charging rooms